Sunday 26 February 2017

What does Shampoo Really do to our Hair?

There is no correct way to wash your hair, everyone’s hair is different. Meaning some hair may need a bit more tender love and care. I.e. more frequent washing.

However, it is known that in general the less you wash your hair the more beneficial it is. My hairdresser used to always tell me to wash my hair less, but I thought the more I washed it, the less oily it would get. Instead, it does the opposite.
hair
I discovered that even though shampoo cleans our hair, it also strips it of its natural oils. The ones that keep our hair healthy, not make it oily. By stripping it of oil, it dries out and becomes more prone to breakage.

I decided that if I wanted healthier hair, I would have to stop washing my hair so often, and I've done just that over the last year. I eventually started to see a difference and now it doesn't get as oily as quickly. 

If you find that your hair is looking a little oily and don’t want to wash it, try some dry shampoo. If you don’t have dry shampoo? Use baby powder. The powder soaks up the oil and makes your hair look fresh for another day until you wash it.

How often do you wash your hair? And, do you have any pro tips to get your hair looking beautiful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment